Article 1 (Personal Information)
"Personal information" refers to the information defined in the Personal Information Protection Act, which includes information about a living individual that can identify a specific person through the person's name, date of birth, and other descriptions (excluding personal identification codes) or includes a personal identification code. It also encompasses information that, when easily collated with other information, allows the identification of a specific individual.
Article 2 (Purpose of Use)
Within the scope of the purposes outlined below, we will use personal information:
- Acceptance and management of reservations for the hotel operated by our company (including communication such as reservation confirmation, modification, cancellation, reminders, etc.)
- Personal authentication on this website, management of registered user information, and provision of various services to registered users
- Provision of services at the hotel (accommodation, dining, merchandise sales, safety management, and sales/provision of ancillary goods/services)
- Handling of payments, settlements, invoicing, refunds, receipt of cancellation fees, issuing of receipts, and other related tasks for the fees related to the services provided by our company
- Verification of the identity of individuals during check-in and check-out at the hotel
- Responding to customer opinions, requests, and inquiries
- Conducting accommodation surveys related to this service
- Revention and investigation of fraudulent contracts, fraudulent use of services provided by our company, and non-payment incidents, as well as response to such incidents
- Investigation and response to system/network failures, malfunctions, and accidents of our company
- Compliance with laws or directives/guidance from administrative authorities
- Investigation, analysis, and marketing of the usage status of the services provided by our company
- Advertising and information provision related to new services provided by our company or other related services
- Other tasks related or incidental to the above
Article 3 (Collection of personal information)
In order to achieve the purposes outlined in the preceding article, our company will acquire the following personal information to the extent necessary:
- Basic information of customers and accompanying individuals (address, name, gender, date of birth, nationality, passport number, email address, telephone number, mailing address, and other information recorded in the accommodation register, etc.)
- Additional information about customers and accompanying individuals (occupation, workplace information such as company name, address, telephone number, department, position, marriage date, family information including names, relationships, and birthdays, etc.)
- Facial photographs of customers and accompanying individuals
- Credit card information (card type, card number, cardholder's name, expiration date, security code), and bank account information
- Usage information for the services provided by our company (accommodation history, facility usage status, product purchase history, etc.)
- Content of communications sent from customers to our company (email, form inputs on the website, responses to surveys, etc.)
- Information collected using security systems installed at the hotel (surveillance cameras, etc.)
- Other information necessary for the operation of the services provided by our company
Article 4 (Management and Protection of Personal Information)
- When it is necessary to entrust all or part of the handling of personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use, in order to smoothly carry out business operations.
- In cases where personal information is jointly used with a specific individual, the fact of joint use, items of personal information to be jointly used, the scope of individuals with whom it is jointly used, the purpose of use by those individuals, and the person responsible for the management of such personal information, including their name or designation, are notified to the data subject in advance or made readily available to the data subject.
In other cases where disclosure is permitted by laws or regulations.
Additionally, to ensure security, measures will be taken to prevent and correct the risk of unauthorized access to personal information, as well as the risk of loss, destruction, alteration, and leakage of personal information.
Article 5 (Outsourcing)
In order to smoothly carry out our business operations, the Company may outsource all or part of its business to external service providers. In such cases, the Company may provide personal information to the service providers within the scope necessary to achieve the purposes of use outlined in Article 2. The Company will enter into contracts with the outsourcing partners regarding the protection of personal information and provide guidance and supervision on the personal information management system of the outsourcing partners.
Article 6 (Disclosure, etc.)
Regarding the personal information held by the Company, in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act, the Company accepts requests for notification of the purpose of use, disclosure, correction, addition, suspension of use or third-party provision, and deletion of the relevant personal information. If you wish to make such a request, please contact the Personal Information Protection Manager at the end of this document at Sanu Co., Ltd.
Article 7 (Management System for Personal Information Protection)
The Company manages compliance with the personal information protection policy and continuously improves safety measures for the management of personal information.
Article 8 (Language)
In this service, there may be cases where third-party companies obtain and use cookie information through collaboration with third-party services or the installation of tags. In such cases, the cookie information obtained is stored on the servers of the third-party companies, not on our servers, and is managed in accordance with the privacy policies of each third-party company.
Web server logs
Our web server automatically collects and records the IP addresses of users' computers; however, these do not identify individual users. Unless users voluntarily disclose personal information, they can browse our website anonymously.
Jurisdiction and Governing Law
The governing law of this agreement shall be the laws of Japan.
The exclusive agreed-upon jurisdiction for the first instance of disputes related to this agreement shall be the Tokyo District Court or the Tokyo Summary Court.
Inquiries Contact for Personal Information.
- Contact Information:
- Company: Earth Boat Co., Ltd.
- 379-2 Nojiri, Shinano Town, Kamiminochi District, Nagano Prefecture, Japan
Above, enacted on November 1, 2022.